The aim of each project is to undertake research and make recommendations to your organisation, that will benefit the organisation in terms of providing a resource. In order to do so, clients are expected to work with the university and the Business Clinic in the following ways:
• Agreeing the consultancy brief with USW Business Clinic
• Provide the required support / information to enable the students to complete the project. If feasible students will visit the premises of the organisation.
• Contact: this will involve an initial meeting with tutors to draft an initial brief, first meeting with students at the University premises or through video conferencing, telephone / email communications throughout the project and be available to attend the university premises for the presentation of the Consultancy Report. Some projects due to their nature may require more regular contact.
• Being involved in the marking of the consultancy report / presentation
• The level of confidentiality / commercial sensitivity will be established and appropriate measures will be put in place
• Depending on the size, complexity and timeline the project may be more appropriate for undergraduate or master’s students.
• All businesses will be interviewed or vetted to check the appropriateness of the project and suitability of the organisation for the university and students to work upon. Criteria for appropriateness will be set by University personnel, at a senior level.